Sunday, October 21, 2012

Dollar Tree Baby Shower

So a friend of mine is having her second baby girl at the end of November (God willing). She asked me not to "go all out" knowing I can get a bit carried away at times, especially when it comes to parties! So I remembered seeing some super cute new shower decorations at The Dollar Tree! Take a look!

http://www.dollartree.com/party-supplies/Baby-Shower/Pink-It-s-a-Girl-Baby-Shower-Paper-Party-Plates-8-190-/207c346c346p300416/index.pro

Anyways I attempted to use my creativity to make a cake that matches the decorations. I used the Wilton baby buggy cake pan ( using a 50% off coupon at Michaels it was just 7 dollars!) Here's how that went....

I really wanted to match the decorations with a baby buggy diaper cake. I tried my best, got me some diapers, a pack of receiving blankets, some ribbon and a few bows. I watched a couple YouTube tutorials combined them all, came up with a few new ideas. Boom, bang, pop.....

The shower was simple, sweet, and everyone seemed to have a great time! Thank you Dollar Tree!

No comments: