Saturday, November 17, 2012

Have a Slice! Electronic Digital Designer,** Frugal Find**

I am currently,"all baked out." I hit the ground baking from end of august until now and I've been through most, if not all, of my main fall baking recipes a few times already. I needed a break! A change of artistic outlet. I remembered being in one of my favorite spots, the store Tuesday Morning. Last week I saw a Slice cordless digital designer. It appeared to be a smaller version of a Cricut. This Slice came with a cartridge of pictures, fonts, and words, a glass cutting mat, foam embossing mat, a few colors for its drawing feature and some card stock,stickers, project idea cards,and a few other supplies for use. I noticed it was on clearance for $59.99, which was pretty affordable for a craft cutter. So naturally I figured it would have horrible reviews and be worthless to try. Well yesterday, I was getting supplies for a cake at Hobby Lobby when out of the corner of my eye I saw a few of the cartridge cards in various themes on clearance from $49.99 down to $10.79. So I decided to do some research and see what these little Slice's were all about. Being that most reviews were favorable and I only would use mine moderately I decided to go back and see if Tuesday Morning had any left. Much to my surprise they had a few left and were marked down an additional 25% off! Woo-hoo! In total my Slice was $48.30 with tax and all! I figured if it wasn't that great I've wasted 50 bucks on worse things. 

So I got it home and tried it out.....

So far it seems like a cool investment. Being as I don't currently have a party planned I might use it to make a few holiday cards?? This version is from 2009, Slice now has a newer improved Fabrique cutter that is like this version and a more efficient fabric cutter all in one. Many reviews of the one I have note that it too is capable of cutting fabric, so I may try to do an applique and I'll let you all know how that goes! I am about to go to Hobby Lobby now and snatch up one or two of the cartridge cards before they are gone!


No comments: